Monday, June 14, 2010

Alone in my house: Summer Edition Finale

Ok... so alone in the house time was restructured into alone in the house but very busy outside the house. Dinner, dancing, 10 hours in the record store. I envied no man.

However I did have ONE night out of the original five where I was alone... in the house. Last night.

I left work at the hookah lounge around 2am having stayed late to talk and enjoy a hookah like everyone gets to. Upon arrival at home I engaged in many boring activities, feeding the cat, washing my face, eating my roommates hummus on my other roommates tortilla standing by the sink like a 35 year old bachelor who's become to accustomed to not going out he's completely forgotten the comforts of sitting at a table in a chair with either conversation or at least a book to keep him company.

Then I finally took advantage of having an entire house to myself. I played my cello for hours as loud as I possibly could. And this is what I discovered.

Covering Billy Idol's White Wedding as a slow jazz number is a either recipe for awesome or disaster.

I need another week of practice before debuting Canon in D at Joanna's wedding.

If I attempt fast slides after a week of not playing... I will cut open my pinky on my D string.

But now my roommates have returned from Bonnaroo and things are back to normal.

OH MY FUCKING GOD I GET KICKED OUT OF THIS HOUSE IN JULY!! WHY HAVEN'T I PACKED?!

No comments:

Post a Comment